Followers

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

There's A Way

"So, we're on our own?" I say out loud while watching Davies leave. "With no direction home." Olivia adds. Norm decides to jump in on the song reference. "Like complete unknowns." I half smile then sullenly lower my head. "Why despair?" Norm asks. "Because it seems easy." I reply. "Well, sure. It is the easy thing to do. But is it the right thing?" "Then what do you suggest?" I ask. "Alright, here are the facts. The monsters are on the streets, Eagle Eyes and his men got the tall buildings, and Sgt. Rodgers has the underground. Did I forget anything?" Norm asks. I shake my head. "No, I think that sums up everything." Norm grins. "Here's the thing. No one is covering air or water." "But none of us can fly." Olivia says. Norm shrugs. "Okay. Scratch air. We can do water." "Are you suggesting we go back to the stream?" I ask. "Yeah, but not to swim in it. We already did that, plus that would just lead to Sgt. Rodgers, and we don't want that." "Then what? We walk beside the stream in the opposite direction?" I remark. Norm's eyes light up. "Exactly. We see where that leads us. It's gotta go somewhere." I sigh. "Okay. The stream it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment