Followers

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Float On

The ground beneath our feet opened up and we feel into what I can only describe as an abyss. Nothing but black as far as the eye can see. Which in darkness is not particularly far. So here we are, essentially floating. One cannot tell up from down and left from right here. All one can do is float. A glimmer of light eventually shines in. We can see each other now. Not much, but it is better than nothing. The light becomes brighter as we descend. Or what feels like descending at least. We are placed gently and carefully feet first into what appears to be a coffee shop. All the doors are closed and the machines are shut down. There is only one light on, illuminating the entire building. It looks like we broke in long after hours. I notice a telephone on the counter where a register would normally be. " This looks very familiar." I say out loud. The phone rings once. I pick it up eagerly. An angry voice shouts from the other side, "Why are you here?" I hear a click on the other end right after wards and hang up the phone. I turn to Olivia. "I think we're in a dream I had a while ago." I tell her. "So what do we do now?" She asks me. "If memory serves correct, we look up right now." We do, and lo and behold there is a giant, floating head. It has purplish, grey skin and looks down on us with half opened eyes. The floating head does a slow 360 and then addresses us in a whisper. " I am your guardian angel."  I lean in to Olivia. "And I believe this is what I said to him next." I look at the floating head directly in the eyes and say simply, " I don't want to hurt anybody." The floating head does another 360. It takes a deep breath and says "That is fine." With that last word, the floating head does one last 360 before it vanishes. "That's it?" Olivia says, somewhat disappointed. "That's when I woke up." "But if you've been here before, you could have asked different questions. You could have gotten different information." She's right, but what's done is done. Plus everything in the coffee shop is disapperaing and becoming fuzzy. Olivia notices the fuzziness. "What's going on?" She asks. "This part of the dream ended."  "So where do we go now." "I don't know, maybe we're about find out what happens when the dreamer wakes."

No comments:

Post a Comment