Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

No Where to Go

Olivia is urging me, really urging me to swing into her arms. I try and I try, but I just can't seem to make it. "I can't do it." I cry out in despair. " Yes you can. You have to." Olivia insists. I try to swing to her yet again. It is still no use. She is is just out of reach. "I'm stuck!" "You're not stuck!" "Yes I am." "No you're not. Keep swinging." I stop my swinging and simply hang motionless. "Why?" I ask. "What do you mean why?" "Why do I have to continue to climb? Why can't we just go back down?" "Are you fucking serious?" Olivia shouts to me. "What?" I ask naively. "I didn't come this far just to turn around at the last minute."  "What's the point, there's always going to be a mountain or something in the way?" I say, feeling defeated. "Don't give up. keep at it." At Olivia's command, I swing my body once more, but I still can't make it. "I can't do it." "Yes you can."  "No I can't. I can't." With that last word, a lightning bolt shoots out of the pink bubble and strikes the top of the mountain. Olivia stares wide eyed at the now severed, smokey mountain top. "I think you did that." She tells me. "How?" I ask. "Maybe you just finally let out all your frustrations. Close your eyes and try it again." She says. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I think of all the fear, anxiety, angst and chaos in my head and I try to let it go. I hear Olivia's shield developing and electric current, but it shorts out. "Did that do anything?" I ask while opening my eyes. "Not really, I've got an idea though." Olivia walks back to the mountain Lion. He is checking his nails. "That was a nasty lightning strike." The mountain lion says to Olivia, still looking at his yes. "Indeed and there is more of that to come." The mountain lion chuckles. "I see you are alone again." "Just for now." The mountain lion leaps up. "Alright, shish kabobs, it will have to be." The Mountain lion runs towards my area. Olivia stays closely behind him. "You." He shouts to me. "Are you done hanging yet? I'm very hungry." "Even if I could come up there, I wouldn't." " You would leave your girl to do die here?" "Don't touch her." I demand. "Give up. There is nothing for you to do. No where to go." I feel a cold chill running down my spine, but I simply say "No." The mountain lion laughs. "What did you say?" He asks me. "No!" As I shout no, a lightning bolt juts out of Olivia's pink bubble. The lightning bolt barely misses him. Two more lightning bolts hit him in the back. The second one launches him off the mountain. Olivia is now able to grab me by the hand and pick me up. We embrace and look off into the distance. " We did it." I say jubilantly. "Not yet." Olivia takes the green emerald out of her pocket and buries it under a small mound of snow. We continue to look on at the wonderful birds eye view. Nothing happens, but maybe nothing spectacular was supposed to happen once the emerald was buried. Just then we hear cracking. The ground beneath us opens and we fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment