Followers

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Visitors

Growing up near O'Hare airport, it was easy to completely dismiss low flying airplanes and ignore the noise pollution. So when I heard a loud humming directly over head I did not think anything of it. That is until a bright red light illuminated the ground Olivia and I were standing on. I looked up to see a flying saucer directly above my head. It looked like something straight out of a cheesy 50's B movie. I was almost expecting to see a string attached to it. I'm guessing the fruit or whatever it was that was growing off the branches set a signal to this space craft. We stare in wonderment as the ship hovers above us. " I always hated this part in the movies." Olivia tells me. "What do you mean?" "This is when I yell at the TV because the characters are so stupid." I laugh. "You're right, maybe we shouldn't be here." The humming from the space ship grows louder. Olivia has to shout over the spaceship now. "I think I get it now. You instinctively know you should probably look away, but you just can't." A circular door on the bottom of the spaceship opens up. A green light shines down on us and begins to pull us in. "Besides" Olivia continues. "I think it's too late to back away now." The green light pulls us into the spaceship and flies off into the night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment