Followers

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Vent

Here we are in a cramped air vent. In the spy movies they always show ample space to crawl around in. In reality it is a narrow passage. There is barely enough room to scoot on your belly. Olivia sneezes loudly. "God bless you." I shout up to her. "Thanks, it's really dusty up here." "Indeed it is." "This is not at all like in the movies." "No, its not. I thought it would be more fun." "Where are we going anyways?" Suddenly I hear a loud thud behind us. "Right now, I think we should get away from whoever is following us." I shout up to her. Olivia scoots as fast as she can. I follow close behind her. The clanging continues. We have to pick up the speed somehow. We crawl on our bellies as fast as we can go, but the clanging behind us continues. Olivia stops. "Why did you stop?" I ask. "The air vent separated. Which way should we go. Right or Left?" "Um go left." We take a sharp left. It makes as much sense as any direction and it seems to work out in our favor. Until the vent can no longer support us. We crash land into a gymnasium decorated with streamers and balloons. It is filled with teenage couples dressed in formal attire. The crowd of fancy teenagers look on at is in bewilderment as we pick ourselves up and dust or selves off. "Prom?" I ask Olivia. "Or some sort of dance. Let's just try and blend in."

No comments:

Post a Comment