Followers

Thursday, July 24, 2014

High School Dance

Turns out blending in wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Yes, the students and the band stared at us,but after a moment, a very brief moment everything went back to normal. The band continued to play, the students danced, and the gym was filled with music and chit chat of "Who will be crowned King and Queen?" No one was phased. It was almost as if they were expecting us.Our entrance and attire didn't even raise any eyebrows. It was almost as if they were thinking "These guys are crazy. They always have some sort of costume and they show up when they want to." The band starts to play the song "Unchained Melody." You know the song that goes "And time goes by so slowly are you still mine?" Granted, the singer is able to hold the note a little bit longer, but you get the idea. We decide to enjoy this moment and have nice, slow dance because, dare I say it? Knock on wood. Whoever or whatever was following us was gone. So we dance to a classic oldies song. At that moment all the problems of the world melted away. Nothing else mattered. I wish I could live in this moment forever, but my vision cuts out. Everything I see is bouncing up and down. "What's going on?" Olivia shouts. "You see that too?" I ask. "Yes, and it hurts my head." Suddenly, we're out of the gym and back on the spaceship in our regular outfits. The space ship takes a noise dive, and we are thrown against the window. I glance out the window to see a large body of water quickly approaching us. "Looks like it's about to get more interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment