Followers

Monday, June 6, 2016

Hidden Temple

I was on the bridge, high above the Earth when I heard the bomb go off. The vibrations from the explosion caused the bridge to sway. Freddy and and Norm were able to keep their footing, but I lost my balance. I toppled over, landing flat on my face. Thankfully, Freddy and Norm helped me back up. "What was that?!" I shouted. "Sounded like an explosive of some sort." Norm replies. "You think she's ok?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm sure." Norm says casually. "I'm going back." "No you're not." "Yes, I am." Norm sighs and gives Freddy a look. The two of them get on either sides of me. They then drag me to the end of the bridge. "I'm going back!" I insist. "You can, but you won't get your wallet." Norm says. "You think my wallet is more important?" "Depends. What did you have in there?" Norm asks. "Nothing that's not replaceable." Norm shrugs. "You can go, but your wallet is only a few feet away." "Really?" I ask, doubtfully. "Really." I reluctantly follow them. We climb up three feet of branches to a semi raised plateau on thick branch. We walk a shot distance down the plateau. There I see my wallet at the bottom of a set of wooden stairs that lead to a small temple. The temple has a raised roof and three Griffins made out of stone that appear to be guarding it. Two Griffins are at the top of the stairs on either side of a huge oak door, and one sits on the roof. I grab my wallet and place it in my pocket. I whistle at the sight before me. I knew then that it would be almost foolish not to venture inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment