Followers

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Starry Ride

I fell and I fell into infinite darkness. I'm not sure how much time had passed. Maybe days or months. I suppose anything is possible. It felt like I would fall forever and never stop. To my surprise and delight, I eventually hit a cold, linoleum floor. I still had no indication where I was though. I could not see an inch in front of me. Then, as if on cue, a thousand, tiny stars lit up the sky. Evidently I was outside somewhere. I stretched my index finger out to the sky to see if I could find the north star. A light, purple line appeared in the sky. I didn't think anything of it at first. I thought if anything it was a shooting star. However, the more I pointed to the sky, the more I noticed these purple lines. I quickly realized that I was drawing these lines with my finger. I played connect the dots and made visible constellations. Unfortunately, the only ones I really remembered were O'Ryan, The Big Dipper, and The Little Dipper, but as it turns out that's all I really needed. I did the The Little Dipper last. When I finished that one, it gracefully descended as if on an invisible track. I got up close to it. To my amazement the Little Dipper was three dimensional, and the cup was deep. It was at least 5 feet. I decided then and there that this was a ride I must take. I hopped into the Little Dipper. I heard a loud clang as I hit the bottom. Seconds later I felt myself lifted into the sky on what felt like a majestic roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment