Followers

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Purple Light

Like a moth to a flame I was drawn to the temple door. I walked up the long steps to the majestic entrance. I felt the door with the palm of my hand and it popped open slightly as if someone knew I was coming and wanted to greet me. I waited, but the door never opened more than a crack. "It's ok, go in." Norm urged. "You sure it's ok?" I ask. "Yeah, Freddy and I will be right behind you." I entered the temple with Freddy and Norm. The inside was dark except for a bright, purple light that partially illuminated the far corner. I traced my eyes to the source of the light.  It looked like an 8 foot tall  double helix model. "What is that thing?" "It's a portal of some sort." Norm responds. "A portal? Where'd it come from?" "I don't know." "How'd it get here?" "I don't know." "Where does it go?" "I don't know!" Norm shouts. I take a deep breath. "What do you know about it?" "That you are the last person who will use it." "What do you mean I'm the last person who will use it?" "Because I'm gonna destroy it after you leave."  He says as a matter of fact. "First of all, why do you want me to go in a mysterious portal and- " "Because Madam wants you to." "Who the hell is Madam?" Norm shakes his head. "Not important right now." "What do you mean it's not important? I could be killed doing that." "Probably won't happen." Norm says, brushing it off. There is a pause. "Aren't you at least curious what's on the other side?" He asks. "Of course I am, but this whole thing is ridiculous. I should be back by Olivia." "I keep telling ya, she's fine. Besides Madam really wants you to go through the portal." "Why does she?" "I don't know. Probably figures it's something you need to see." "Why does she want this torn down?" Norm shrugs. "I guess she doesn't want it falling into the wrong hands. Seeing as how there are army guys with guns all over the island it isn't a far - fetched thought." I sigh and stare into the bright, purple, double helix portal. "So, you wanna do it?" He asks. "Yeah, I'll do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment