Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunset In The Park


After taking two city buses and a cab, we arrived at a park. Not knowing where to start with this whole reprogramming business , I got some popcorn and we sat down at a bench.  We stared at the pink and purple sky. A chill was creeping in. I knew I had to do something, but what? "Ms. Rosalyn, do you like it at Old Oakes?"  "It's alright I sapose, I do miss my family though"  "They don't visit?" Ms. Rosalyn shakes her head. "Not that much, they find it depressing."  "I guess I could see that." She hangs her head.  "Well, would you like to visit them?" I ask. She smiles.  "I would love that." "Ok, who lives the closest?" "That would be my grandson, Jeffey."  I stand up and put out my hand. "Then let's go to Jeffey's."  "Right now?" I nod my head. "But shouldn't we call the home and let them know?" She asks worriedly. " Trust me." I say. " They don't need to know." She grabs my hand. And like we're off... to Jeffey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment