Followers

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Poor Ms. Rosalyn

Ms. Rosalyn turns around and gives me a nice, warm smile. "Hello dear, come sit down."  I welcome her invitation and sit beside her. We pier out her window into the great nothing outside. After a moment , she interrupts the comfortable silence. "Who sent you?" She asks. "Jeff and Tom." Her eyes light up. "You mean Jeffey and Tommy? My grandsons?"   I nod. "Were they concerned?"  "Very."  "Do you know what it was regarding" I take a deep breath. "Your memory."  Ms. Rosalyn shakes her head in frustration. "My memory is as good as it has ever been."  "I just met you, but I do believe that your memory is sharp. That's not the problem though."  "Then what is?" "They question whether some of the things you talked about actually happened." Ms. Rosalyn's mouth drops. "That is absurd."  "I know." Ms. Rosalyn paces back and forth " My memory is as clear as it ever was. I was born in '32  to Stan and Julia. I married my husband '55. We had three children and someday soon I will give all of my life savings to The Angelic Order of Brotherly Love." That was it.  That must be the brainwashing her grand kids were talking about. "Ms Rosalyn are you aware of what you just said?" "Yes I have three children, their names are -"  "No the part about the Angelic Order of Brotherly Love."  Ms. Rosalyn's expression becomes blank and she continues. " THE ANGELIC ORDER OF BROTHERLY LOVE IS A MOVEMENT TO PROGRESS SOCIETY AS A WHOLE. ONLY THE PURE HEARTED MAY ENTER. BUT FIRST WE NEED YOUR LIFE SAVINGS, BARBARA."
Shit. Someone did get to her. But who? It could be anyone. It could easily be one of her caretakers looking after her. I couldn't trust anyone. I had to get out of there. "Ms Rosalyn, would you like to go for a walk?" Ms. Rosalyn smiles big a bright. "That would be lovely. Where to?" "Somewhere far, far away."

No comments:

Post a Comment