Followers

Friday, August 2, 2013

Down the Hill

  Down the hill I must go. Where I stop , I do not know. I do know that challenges await. Will I be ready? Well, I won't be ready at the top of the hill. That's for sure. I'll  be safe, but no new knowledge will be gained.   No triumph .Nothing.  The wind is at my back. This is good I am told. The wind picks up. Getting increasingly faster, and more violent. Eventually, my legs can not keep up. I stumble and fall to the ground. Though I have fallen, the wind keeps pushing me faster and faster. I roll down the hill. Another gush of wind hits me in the face, throwing me back. The first wind fights back and throws me forward. The second wind does not want to give up , and pushes me harder and more violently.  On and on this goes with the two winds pushing me back and forth. I am like a rag doll in the sky. The sky gradually changes color. At this time, the winds tire of playing baseball with my body and throw me  in a tree. They disperse to the East and West, and leave me to the morning light.

No comments:

Post a Comment