Followers

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Campus Security

I never take baths, but I thought today, why the hell not? Just a couple of minuets into this process and I remember why I don't do baths. 1) I highly doubt I actually get any cleaner. 2) It takes forever to fill up a bathtub. 3) Once I'm in the bathtub, I kinda wanna get out. Maybe it is a complete inability to relax on my part, but whenever I'm in there I always think "now what?" I decided to try and relax anyways and enjoy it.  Interesting tid bit, the more you try to relax, the harder it becomes to relax. So I'm in the bathtub and buzzz buzzz. It's my phone receiving a text message. More than likely it's not important, but I can't seem to take my mind off of it. I must try though I must. Back I go attempting to relax. It vibrates against the counter top again. This time, however, the power surges. I take that as a clear indication that baths and I were never meant to be. I get out of the tub and wrap a towel around my waist.  I go to check my text. Very strange situation. At first it's a video of static. The static eventually breaks and it appears to be live video footage of a college campus.
The next thing I know I am on the college campus. Fully clothed, which was nice. Otherwise it would be slightly awkward. And it's a nice quad I'm on. Green grass everywhere. Students playing frisbee and few couples making out here and there. I'm standing next to the Dean of admissions. He's a tall man, though my idea of tall is somewhat skewed. (I'm only 5'8.) He's balding and wears a grey, tweed jacket. We stare at a large flat screen monitor and look for aliens that no one else can see. "There's one." he says. "There's another one." I reply. " Good one." I stare at the monitor and see all these grotesque creatures. They are so obvious to me. So clear, and yet everyone else walks right past them. They don't bat an eye. They have no idea these aliens are there. Am I losing it? "No you're not, because you question." The Dean reassures me. I question my own sanity. That's great, but what if the man standing next to me is a nutcase? "Watch out." I hear him explain as he points to the screen. On the monitor, there is what seems to be a very menacing six foot tall praying mantis slinking this way. I turn around. He's gotten closer. But still far enough away that I can pretend to squish it with my thumb and index finger. It works! I then take the squished green dot and throw it as far as I humanly can. "Great work!" The Dean proclaims. " But they will strike back. We will need a solid plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment