Followers

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Tunnel

It was clear what was needed at the moment, and that was a pawn shop. when I say pawn shop I don't mean a quasi reality shows that you find on History channel. I mean one of those old, dusty shops that you can find weird items, such as a Monkey's Paw. Every town has one. It is just a matter of looking in the right places. Fortunately, I had an idea of where to look. I just had to get something to eat first. Breakfast is the most important part of the day you know. I didn't want anything heavy. Just something light, like Pop Tarts to tide me over. I rummaged through the cabinets. Nothing but plastic cans and cereal boxes. "That's weird." I thought. I checked in the drawers, plastic silverware and fake spices. I opened the refrigerator and looked about. All that was there were plastic fruits and vegetables. I closed the refrigerator door and backed away. I slowly realized that I was in a child's kitchenette set. This could only mean two things. Either there was some sort of reality shift or Jeff is a complete and utter nut. That's when I saw a very real knife on the kitchen table. Without hesitation, I grabbed the knife and headed for the wall. I'm not exactly sure what prompted me to do it, but I thrust the knife into the wall and began to tear the wall apart. It came down a lot easier than I thought it would. It was like tearing off the  paper on a present. Just that easy.
On the other side of the wall was a tunnel. It looked like a coal mining tunnel. Except there where piles and piles of unopened letters. "What could Jeff be hiding?" I wondered. I snatched a couple of letters and placed them in my back pocket. I then proceeded to crawl through the tunnel. It was a lot cleaner than I thought it would be. There were no spider webs. No mice. No rats. No verman of an sort. It was also strangely illuminate. It was so well lit that I could see the path in front of me clearly. I wondered where the light was coming from. Until I got to the end of the tunnel that is. It's a passageway to a castle. Right now I'm looking down at a spiral stone stairwell. It must be in a tower. I hear the footsteps of someone not so far away coming up the stone steps. I can feel the heat from their torch as they walk closer and closer.  I can now make out a shadow of this being that is inching closer and closer by the second. It appears to be a smaller woman with a hunch. Maybe this is who I ask about the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment