Followers

Monday, August 19, 2013

Jeff's Place

Turns out her grandson lived nowhere near the park.  After an hour long cab ride, we arrived at this small ranch house in the middle of no where. I wonder if she mistook my question of which family member lives the closest and thought I meant "which relative are you the closest with?" Or maybe he does live the closest. Any rate we arrived Jeff....Jeffy's house. The front yard was neat, and clutter free. On the front door was one of those old fashioned knockers. Even though there was a door bell I decided to use the knocker instead because those things are so much fun. I banged on the door. A tall red head with broad shoulders answers the door. He looks down at me and Ms. Rosalyn. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "You were right. Something is going on. She can't stay there"  "She can't stay here either"  I push Jeff aside and enter his house. "Fuck off, she's staying."  Jeff looks stunned. "This is my house, you know." "Yes, and this is your grandmother and she may be in danger so she's staying."  "I know she may be in danger that's why I called you, to fix it."  Ms Rosalyn interrupts the two of us. "Excuse me, I hope you boys don't mind. I was just going to watch some television." "Yeah, go right ahead , grandma." Ms. Rosalyn walks into the living room with hardwood floors and plops down on the leather couch. She proceeds to channel surf. "Look." I say. "I don't know who you are or how you got in touch with me, but you asked for my help." Jeff bites his tongue. "Taking her to my house at night is not helping." "What the fuck do you want me to do then?" Jeff throws his hands in the air. " I don't know." He sighs. "You both can stay."  Jeff starts to walk away. Ms Rosalyn takes her attention away from the T.V.  "I hate to be a bother but there is something I have been meaning to bring up."  "What is it, grandma?" She pauses for a brief moment then continues. "While we were in the cab, I couldn't help but notice there was a black car following us."  Jeff becomes enraged. "What?"  "Well, it wasn't always there , but it was behind us a lot." Jeff points at me. "This is the kind of shit I didn't want." "No." I begin to explain. "This is good,I think this is what we needed." Jeff clenches his teeth. " I don't know what the hell that means but you better fix this." Jeff exits the room. "I'm going to bed."

No comments:

Post a Comment