Followers

Friday, December 5, 2014

Bringing Him Back

Nothing is working. Nothing I show the officer is registering. Is all hope lost? I'm certainly staring to believe that. "You're not going to get through to him." Jay says to us behind a protective pink bubble. The pink hearts have not worn off on him. However, we can not be too cautious ,so Olivia is currently using all her energy to imprison him. "What makes you so sure we can't bring him back?" I ask. Jay shrugs. " I just know." I ignore him and continue. His skepticism only pushes me further in my efforts of bringing the officer back. I hold up the Map of Main. The officer stares blankly with his unblinking eyes. "Come on! This is the state you live in." I shout to him. I point to a few circled areas on the map. "You did this. It has to mean something." "You're going about it all wrong." Jay chimes in. I pay no attention to his two cents. I pick up an old receipt and place it in front of the officer's face. "You bought a burger and fries two days ago." "You really expect him to remember mundane things?" I finally turn to Jay. "What is your big plan?" I ask. "Well, if I were you I wouldn't waste my time with trivial things that are easily forgettable." "We know how you feel." Olivia quips. Jay rolls his eyes. "You two are quite out of the ordinary. I don't think you realize that." "Maybe we are, but how does that help us?" I ask. Jay laughs. "You still don't get it. Just the sight of you two could bring back memories if you concentrate hard enough." "The only thing is, the last thing he probably remembers is arresting us right after and unpleasant encounter." Olivia explains. Jay's eyes light up. "Even better. If you can link that memory to an emotion then you have a greater chance of bringing him back." "But what will happen to us?" Olivia asks. " I don't know." Olivia and I look at each other. "You don't have to do this." Jay says. "Yeah, but we probably should." I say. Olivia weakens the pink bubble and shifts her focus to the officer. We gaze at the golden cop and begin our process of bringing him back once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment