Followers

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Searching for Memories

He left his car door unlocked. Can you believe that? In this day and age, a police officer leaving his car doors unlocked? It's insane. He must be the most naive man. I have to admit though, I am glad he is absent minded when it comes to matters of automobile security. It makes my job a hell of a lot easier. No breaking glass or anything like that. Just use the handle. I open the door and search for anything that could jot his memory of his former life. The very first thing I see : a pack of Doublemint gum. I snatch it right away. It could have been the last thing he bought before he came for us. This pack of gum could spark a memory. You never know. Plus, I want a stick of gum for myself because I deserve it, damn it. The car is relatively clean. The pack of gum was the only thing in sight. I open the glove compartment. A stack of papers and a map of Main falls out. I sort through the stack of papers. No wallet or pictures. That was smart, I'll give him that. Most of the papers seem to be receipts and bills. I grab them anyways. It's worth a shot. I sure hope this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment