Followers

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Continuing the Process

We've been staring at the cop for so long that my eyes begin to water. Jay notices me wiping my eyes and makes a sny remark. "Don't cry. He was just a cop." " This was all your doing." I inform him. " I know." He says, simply. "And I don't care." Jay steps closer to us. " If it wasn't him, it would have been you." "I have a sneaking suspicion that the pink hearts finally wore off." I tell Olivia. " Good thing I know exactly what to do." Olivia throws out her hands and blasts a pink bubble at Jay that quickly surrounds him. The officer moves his head to the side like a confused puppy. It's subtle, but I notice right away. " I know exactly what we have to do. Hold up the bubble." I shout to Olivia. While Olivia concentrates on maintaining the bubble, I make as much noise as I can. I stomp my feet, slam drawers and doors, and bang on the tables with my fist. Eventually the excessive noise pays off. The officer gnashes his teeth. The innocent puppy has now grown into a wild dog. With clenched fists, the officer inches closer to me. " Looks like your plan backfired." Jays says, mocking me. "Or has it?" I reply, picking up the mason jar of the yellow substance. I hold up the jar. The officer stops dead in his tracks. "That doesn't mean anything to him." Jay tells me. " Yes it does. Come on, the man over there used this on you." I say while pointing to Jay. The officer looks at Jay then back to the mason jar. It is almost like you could see the cartoon light bulb above his head. The officer squints his eyes and walks to Jay. Olivia throws down the bubble and steps out of the way. The officer grabs Jay by the shirt and holds him in the air. " I think our work here is down." Olivia says while watching Jay struggle to escape. We begin to leave when all the sudden we hear the officer yell and fall to the floor. " What the hell happened?" I ask. "Beats me." Jay responds, and like a worm he starts to escape. Olivia holds our her arm. "Where do you think you're going?" "Listen, I'm not sure whats wrong with him, but he needs medical attention." "But you're not going anywhere." Olivia warns. "Yes I am. And you could try and stop me but I think your conscience wants you to help that man." " We could split up. I can make sure you don't escape." Olivia explains. " You could do that, but I don't think you two operate like that." I interrupt the conversation. " Just let him go, I have a feeling we'll run into him again."

No comments:

Post a Comment