Followers

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Lab Results

The doctor greets us as Dr. Benson and shakes our hands. His handshake shows confidence, but his face reveals confusion. Olivia offers her chair to Dr. Benson. He smiles and sits down. " Now, before I begin, is it alright that I read this information with our visitors present?" "It's not embarrassing? Is it?" The officer asks. "No, but it is puzzling." "What is it?" Dr. Benson takes a deep breath. "First of all, we're not sure how to identify the substance we took from you." "You're acting like it's an alien." I interrupt. Dr. Benson smirks. "You might not be far off." The officer sits up slightly. "What the hell is it?" "We don't know. It certainly is not like anything that I have come across." He states. "What makes it unique?" Olivia asks. "At first we thought it was some sort of virus, but there is no complex organism. At least none that we could identify with a microscope." "But you have super microscopes that can see atoms." The officer jumps in. Dr. Benson nods in agreement. "Which brings me to my next point. Under surveillance of our "super microscope" we realized that this substance functions entirely as one complete unit." "Does that ever happen?" Olivia asks. "Not like this. We couldn't even identify its properties on the periodic table." He says. Olivia and I gasp. The officer stares blankly. "That's great, but what does it mean for me?" He asks. "Once the subject was removed from your body, you began to heal. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be fine." Dr. Benson assures him. "How can you be sure? You said you didn't know what it was." The officer asks with fire in his eyes. "If it would ease your mind we could run more tests but -" "Do it!" The officer shouts, cutting him off. "The only problem is we have just a small amount. I really would like to get more of this to run a thorough test." Dr. Benson says. "I know where I found it. I'll make some calls and issue a warrant." "What are you doing?" I ask the officer. "I'm finding out what's wrong with me." The officer explains. "You're fine. You're not sick anymore." I try to tell him. "We don't know that for sure." He insists. "Plus, I would like to know more about it." Dr. Benson adds. "I don't know if that's a good idea." Olivia pleads. "This isn't a Sci Fi movie. Everything will be fine." Dr. Benson says, brushing off our concerns. The officer shits and sits up all the way. "And we're gonna do it. Get me the phone."

No comments:

Post a Comment