Followers

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pep Talk

Olivia clenches her teeth and prepares for the next epic adventure. I, however, stand listless. Less than enthusiastic, less than caring, less than anything right now. Her back is turned to me, but she knows without knowing my lack of optimism. She turns to me. "What's the problem?" "What's the point?" I say, answering her question with a question. "Maybe I put the pieces together wrong, but don't you think we should get to the factory before the thing falls into the wrong hands?" She explains. "Who's to say we are the right hands?" Olivia taps her foot impatiently. "What do you suggest we do?" She asks. I shrug. "I don't know." "I think we should go to the factory and take it ourselves." I sigh. "Yeah, that sounds good." I say, still less than enthusiastic. "What? What is your problem?" She questions. I shrug again. " Just feel blue today I guess." Olivia grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me. "Snap out of it." I take a deep breath and nod. Olivia looks me deep in the eyes. " I don't know what goes on in your inner world sometimes. I don't know why you feel so defeated out of no where, but you have to pull yourself together. Find a little bit of hope and hold onto it because that is the most precious, empowering thing." Olivia finishes her speech and smiles slightly. Her smile is disarming, and I feel warmer. "Ok?" She asks gingerly. I nod in agreement. "Ok." I say. She turns around and we start walking down the brightly lit hospital hallway. "I do have one suggestion though." I explain. "What is that?" She asks. "I think first we should break into the lab and take the sample that they have."

No comments:

Post a Comment