Followers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Resolutions

I like eating ice cream in the winter. There are no lines and no blazing sun melting my frozen treat. Only problem is with less customers that means there are also less options. Supply and demand I guess. That's alright though. I'm going with a classic, Strawberry. I didn't always like Strawberry, but it grew on me. With each lick I can feel myself escaping, or at least attempting to. "Any ideas?" Olivia asks, breaking the silence. I look at her perplexed. "It's New Years Eve. Surely you must have some resolutions." She continues. I shake my head no. "I don't buy that." She says. "I don't want to be so angry." I tell her. "You're angry?" She asks. I nod. "You don't seem mad." She says. "I hide it well I guess." "What are you angry about?" She asks. "Mostly myself for letting the wrong people get in my head. Telling me what I can and can't do. And I'm angry at myself for not having the courage to make positive changes." I finish talking. My heart is racing. It feels as if I could burst into flames at any moment. Olivia puts her hand on my face. "That's who you were. It doesn't have to be who you are." I turn away slightly and bite my lip. "Hey, you want to be less angry? That's good. That's a good starting point, but how are you gonna do it?" She asks. "I don't know. The idea of letting things go is easier said then done." "That it is, but I think that rather than focusing on who you are, you think about who you want to be." She explains. " I know I want to have the courage to live the life that I want to live." I tell her. Olivia smiles. "Then think about that and what it means to you, and one more thing... enjoy today."

No comments:

Post a Comment