Followers

Monday, February 19, 2018

Bad News

Pete entered a darkened bait shop bemused, but not upset. "What's going on? You guys playing a game?" He asks with a grin. "Not exactly." I say. "Then what's going on?" "Someone threatened you." "Threatened me?" He says, still smiling. "Yeah, that's what it sounded like." "I don't understand. Did someone come by?" "Not exactly." "Then what happened?" He asks, his smile now fading. "Someone called." I say. Pete's smile is now gone and replaced with narrowed eyes. "Get out."  "We didn't mean any harm, but I think you should listen to us." Olivia says, trying to calm him down. "I'm listening alright. I'm listening to two people who could not obey one simple rule." "Okay, we broke a rule. But that's not what should be important right now." "Get out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment