Followers

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Waiting for Something Horrible

We stood guard outside the bait shop all day waiting for something horrible. The only thing remarkable that happened was the gradual setting of the sun. Pete exited the shop shortly after. He stared at us in stunned amazement. "I'll be. So this is where you went after I kicked you out of the shop." "Yes sir." I respond. "And you two have been here all day?" "Yes sir." He walks up to us. "Are you crazy?" "Quite possibly." Olivia says.  Pete walks past us. He ushers us to follow. He stops when he realizes we aren't behind him. "Ain't you gonna follow?" "Where to?" I ask. "You to stood guard for me the whole day. I owe you a drink." "Yeah, but no one showed up." Olivia says. "Then you musta done a good job."

No comments:

Post a Comment