Followers

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Pay Back

We glanced in the bait shop through a dirty, glass door. Pete was dozing with his feet on the desk. He didn't bother to put a closed sign up, but he lock the door.  Olivia and I banged furiously on the door, jostling him up. He walked slowly to the door. When he finally opened it, it was clear he wasn't in the best mood. "What do you want?" "That's a fine way to treat a customer." Olivia replies. He laughs to himself. "You don't know. We could buy something." "Like those canteens that mysteriously disappeared?" "We intended to pay you back." I jump in. "Oh yeah? How's about you pay me back now?" I rummage through my pockets. I pull out all the spare change I can find. I place the change in his palm. He appears disgusted. "A bit light, don't you think?" "We can work for you. To pay back the cost." He stares at Olivia. "You really want to do that?" "Yes." "It'll be a full day's work. " "That's fine." "Full day's work with me." "Even better." She says as confident as can be. Pete shrugs. "Suit yourselves. Come in."

No comments:

Post a Comment