Followers

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Old Fashioned

Rita didn't say a word to us as we cashed out. She barely even made eye contact with us. Finally, as we are about to head out the door she says "I don't hate cha." Olivia and I simply respond "Ok." "Really, I don't." She says. "Ok." "Really, it's that Pete I have a problem with." I sigh. For whatever reason I decide to take the bait. "What did Pete do?" "It's more like what didn't he do." "What didn't he do?" Rita brightens up.  "Glad you asked. He's been coming in for months and not once did he ask for a night out on the town with me." I shoot a confused look. "You're upset because he never asked you out on a date?" "Don't be surprised. A girl likes to out every now and then with a decent fella." "Why don't you ask him out?" Olivia asks. "Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe that's my job." "Sorry, I don't know what to say." I tell her. We start to exit again. "Well, shoot. You know him. Maybe you can talk some sense into him." Olivia half smiles. "We'll see what we can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment