Followers

Friday, February 23, 2018

Shadow Man

I stood before the shadow creature. It's massive size dwarfed everybody in the room. I could see through it, and yet it felt solid. I don't know if I had ever seen this thing in real life with my own eyes, but it felt like it was always there. Taunting, mocking, making the room colder. The rage grew and grew. I clenched my fist. I readied myself to strike, and that's when it happened. It was no longer a shadow creature, but a darkness that went in and around me. It turned into a violent vortex. It whipped bits of the bar here and there. Not wanting to be impaled, I dropped. My face pressed against the disgusting floor. Eventually the nightmare ended. The vortex dissipated. I opened my eyes. The bar was gone. Not wrecked or demolished. It was physically gone. I was in the middle of desert as were Pete and and Olivia who were stunned beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment