Followers

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Odd Jobs

Pete assigned us various odd jobs around the store. They consisted of (but were not limited to) washing the windows, sweeping the floors, changing the lightbulbs, cleaning the bathroom. Nothing terribly difficult, but it was a little annoying seeing Pete sleeping or watching T.V. I suppose when one owns their own business they can work (or not work) however they choose. At 6 P.M. Pete shut off they T.V. "That was some good work today." He says, putting up the closed sign and turning off the lights. "What now?" Olivia asks. "Now I go home. You two may do the same." "Are you going to get something to eat.?" Pete raises an eyebrow. "I may. What's it to you?" "Well, working around the store we noticed you didn't bring a lunch and I don't think you went out today." I say. "No, I didn't." "Then we should take you out. It's important to eat. Our treat." Olivia insists. "Your treat? You're gonna pay for dinner with the money you worked off today?" "Possibly." Pete half smiles. "Okay. But I pick the place." "That works for us." I say. Pete glances at his wristwatch. "I know a great place. It should still be open."

No comments:

Post a Comment