Followers

Thursday, February 8, 2018

"Honey"

Normally I try to avoid coming into restaurants right before closing. Everybody in the kitchen tends to hate you for it, and I end up wondering if perhaps there might be some spit in my food. However, I was willing to put such things out of my mind in the name of love, or whatever this was. Pete ordered a short stack. Olivia and I didn't get anything on the account of the fear of spit. That and we weren't too hungry. "You coulda ordered somethin' . I woulda paid for it." Pete says, wolfing down  the last of his meal. "Na. We're not hungry. Besides we wanted to spend some time with you." I say. "Really?" He responds in disbelief. Rita walks by with the check. "Anything else I can get you, honey?" Pete stares into her pretty, green eyes. It appears as if they have a moment, but then he speaks. "No, that'll be all." Rita smiles and walks away. "What are you doing, man." I say. "Calm down. What's got you so upset?"  "She's got the hots for you." "What makes you say that?" "Well, she did call you honey." "I'm sure that's just how she talks." "She didn't say that to us." Pete raises an eyebrow. "You two been here before?" "Yes, just the other day." Olivia jumps in. Pete nods his head. "I'm not surprised she didn't say that to you." "No, honey is not a word you throw around." I say. "Plus, I mean look at you." Olivia adds. "Alright. I'll do it. I'll ask her out." Pete raises his hand. A second later Rita walks back to the table. "Yes, Pete." "Rita, there is just one more thing I wanted to ask you.."

No comments:

Post a Comment