Followers

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

"So beautiful "

Initially we didn't discover anything extraordinary when we walked through the door. It looked like a regular desert. But then I studied the ground carefully. It was hard and filled with craters. The sky was clear. We could see every constellation, and a few asteroids in the distance. Olivia gasps in amazement. "It's beautiful. Isn't it?" I say. "It sure is." "I never thought I'd get to go to the moon." "We're not on the moon. Don't be silly." "Look down. The desert doesn't have craters like that." "But we can't be on the moon. There's no oxygen on the moon." I put my arm around Olivia. "I don't get it either, but we're here or at least somewhere very close to it." We admire the night sky for a moment.  "Can we stay for a while more?" Olivia asks. I nod."Good.  There is a star falling to us and I want to catch it." I see where Olivia is pointing. It's a bright, white star. It falls for a while, then it hovers above. We are both transfixed. I reach out my hand to it.  "So beautiful." She says. "So beautiful." I reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment