Followers

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Just the Front Door

As if  a disappearing bar wasn't strange enough, things would soon get stranger. The bait shop had vanished as well, or at least the majority of it. The only thing that remained was the front door. There wasn't a sign or even any rubble to indicate anything else had ever been there. Pete jumped out of his car, screaming obscenities. "Are you sure we're at the right place?" I ask. "What the hell kind of smart ass comment is that?" "There's no sign. Maybe we took a wrong turn." "You think I got lost? I've lived here my whole life." "Just throwing out suggestions." "I told you not to answer that phone." He spits. "You're gonna blame this on us?" Olivia says. "Well, I was gonna just blame it on him, but now that you spoke up, yes, I'm gonna blame it on you as well." Olivia rolls her eyes. "Real mature." "It is. You know what else is mature? Me suing you." "You're gonna sue us?" I say. "You bet your ass I will." "But we don't have any money." Olivia snaps. "Even better. I'll bury you. I'll destroy you both." Pete walk-runs to his car. He opens the door and shouts to us one last time. "I will destroy you." He then takes off,  leaving us alone in the desert once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment