Followers

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Ask Jim

Getting Rita to change Pete's mind was clearly not gonna work. I had one more idea though. We were going to talk to Pete's brother, Jim. It was still a bit of a long shot, but it was worth trying. "You want me to do what?" He asks. "We want you to call off his lawyer." "What makes you think I could do that?" "Because you're his brother." Jim nods slowly. "I am, but at the end of the day Pete's gonna do his own thing." "So, you're not gonna talk to him?" I ask. " 'Fraid not. I've been down this road before... well, maybe not this exact one, but I know how it'll end." "It could be different this time." I say. Jim shakes his head.  "Doubt it." "So, that's it then." "It's all I can do." "But you didn't do anything!" Olivia shouts. "Maybe not enough, but you should have thought of that before you blew up his bait shop." "We didn't blow it up." "Hey, I'm not saying it wasn't funny, but maybe you shouldn't have done it." "For the last time we didn't do it!" Jim backs up slightly. "Fine. You didn't do it." He glances out the dirty window. "Something catch your attention?" I ask. "Yeah, my brother's here, and it looks like he's got a friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment