Followers

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Drop the Case

"Russel Myers? We're seriously revisiting that subplot?" Olivia says. Chad chuckles to himself. "It was always on my mind." "Sounds like you need a hobby or two." Chad squints his eyes. "Where is he?" "We didn't know then, so what makes you think we'd know now?" I ask. "Because you are two years older and thus two years wiser." "I don't know about the wiser part." I say. "Where is he?" Chad asks yet again. "We don't know. Can't you just sue us and get it over with?" Olivia asks.  "Is that what you want?" "Not really, but it seems better than this." "Then I'll sue you. I'll squeeze every penny out of you. But I won't stop there. I'll push you down. All the way down, and I'll make sure you never come back up." I bite my lip. "What if we can find him?" "Then I'll drop the case, but that's only assuming that you can find him." "I think I know where he is." I say. "You think or you know?" "I know where he is." Chad smiles smugly. He then straightens his tie. "Good. Just what I wanted to hear. I am going to go through that door and give my client the unfortunate news that I can no longer represent him. You two are to wait one minute and then meet me on the other side." We watch Chad exit. Olivia turns to me. "We don't know where Russel is. Why did you say we did?" "I was trying to get us out of trouble. Think I might have made things worse."

No comments:

Post a Comment