Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2018

"What Have We Wrought?"

  • "What have we wrought?" I ask, staring at the night sky. "We didn't wrought anything. It was already wrought." Olivia replies. "Maybe. Or maybe we sent it home." "You could be right." She says. "You think so?" I ask. Olivia shrugs."It's possible. All I know is that idea feels a lot better than the alternative." "What's the alternative?" "That we unleashed unimaginable chaos upon the world." "God, I hope that's not the case." Olivia nods. "Me too." There is a brief pause as we take in the infinite possibilities while gazing at the infinite sky. In the distance I see a cloud of smoke. I don't think anything of it at first. Then, I realize that it is a pick up truck speeding towards us. "Our friend's back." I say, pointing to the truck. "Oh, shit." "You think he's got good news for us?" I ask sarcastically. Olivia half smiles."Oh yeah. That can only be good news."

No comments:

Post a Comment