Followers

Monday, March 12, 2018

Pete Reacts

Predictably, Pete did not take the news well of Chad dropping the case.He swore a blue streak. Cussing him left and right. Saying things like "snake" and that he had a bad feeling from the start. Chad just stood there, stoned faced while Pete got redder and redder. Eventually Pete took a break from his tirade. My guess is to take a breath. "Now that you have that out of your system." Chad says, calmly. "I don't have anything out of my system." Pete shouts. "I figured you would be upset so..." Chad reaches in his inside breast pocket. He pulls out a thick bundle of cash. He then hands it to Pete. "What's this?" Pete asks. "It's for you. Happy?" Pete stares at the bundle in his hands. Chad sighs. "Fine." Chad pulls out another bundle and hands it to Pete. "Now if you excuse me I have more important matters to attend to." He walks to the front door, ushering me and and Olivia to follow. "This isn't over." Pete shouts. "I'm sure." Chad says. He walks through the front door. Olivia and I follow. There we see a stretch limo waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment