Followers

Monday, March 5, 2018

Pete's Message

Pete speed his pick up truck to us. He slammed the breaks when he was less than a foot away. After that he threw open the door and stamped his way to us. "You two are going down." "I believe you mentioned that before." Olivia says, as calmly as possible. "No. You don't understand. I called my lawyer, he's in love my case. So much so that he's gonna do this pro bono." "And that's supposed to make us scared?" "It should. He's famous." "What's his name?" "Chad Billington." Olivia and I turn to each other. "I take it the name rings a bell." Pete says smugly. "We might have heard it." I reply. "Just thought I'd let you know what you're in for." Pete walks away. We watch him drive off. "Chad Billington is the one who locked us in his basement, right?" "Yep" "Are we screwed?" I ask. Olivia sighs. "I hope not."

No comments:

Post a Comment