Followers

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

In the Limo

We sat in the back of a limo on a long, weird, C - shaped couch. We sat on one side. Chad sat on the other. I had never been in a limo before. It was a shame this was my first experience. "You should relax." Chad says to me as if he can read my thoughts. "It's easy for you to say." Olivia replies. "Yes, I suppose it is." Chad reaches into a mini fridge. He pulls out a bottle of champaigne. "This will help." "We're not in the mood." Olivia says. "Nonsense." He takes out three glasses and pours the champaigne. "You have nerves. I see that, but it's nothing a little bubbly can't cure." He hands us the glasses. I start to drink, but Olivia stops me. "Don't drink that." "Normally, you're right there is the formality of the toast before one can drink, but we can forget about that." "I don't care about formalities." Olivia says. "Then what's the problem?" "How do I know you're not trying to poison us?" "You don't." "Oh, now I really want to drink this." She says, sarcastically. Chad takes our glasses. He then lowers his widow and splashes the drinks out of the window. "There. Better?" He asks. "A little." Olivia says. "Good. Now that we've gotten that out of the way we can get down to business."  "I think I know where he is." I say. "Where?" Chad asks with slight meaner tone. "Take us to the biker bar." Chad nods slowly at my request. After that he taps on the glass that separates the driver from the passengers. The driver lowers the glass. Chad speaks to the driver without either one of them turning their head. "We have a drive, a long drive ahead of us. But we have a lead. It better be a good lead."

No comments:

Post a Comment