Followers

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Change Rita's Mind

"I ain' t happy ta see ya." Rita declares as she enters the diner. "We need to talk." "And I ain't gonna talk to ya either." Rita angrily shuffles to our booth a moment later. "Alright. I might have to talk to ya. But only because you're in my section." "You have to get Pete to call off his lawyer." Olivia says. "Why should I do that?" "Because the guy is ruthless." I jump in. "Good. Serves you two right." "What exactly did Pete tell you?" Olivia asks. "Well, he told me that you two exploded his business." "We didn't blow it up." I blurt. "That's not what he told me." "I'm sure it wasn't." Rita leans in. "Look, maybe you two didn't get your hands dirty with any devices, but I've got a mind to believe that you were in on it. Where I come from that makes you just as guilty." "We didn't do anything." I say. "Maybe you didn't. And maybe this fancy lawyer will prove your innocence." "It won't be a fair trail." I insist. "That's not my problem." "There is not a damn thing we can do to change your mind, is there?" Olivia says. "I'm afraid not. Now, if we're done here I got work to do." I grit my teeth. "There's just one more thing." "And what's that?" "I want the check."

No comments:

Post a Comment