Followers

Friday, October 24, 2014

Blinding Light

The main room of the lighthouse is fully illuminated. The light is so bright it appears white. Olivia and I cover our eyes and look away. "What is that?" I shout.  "I think they used the diamond for a light." "What?" "Yeah, they were talking about using it." The light is so bright that I have to turn my back completely. " Did they know it would be this bright?" I ask. " No, I think it was just something that they wanted to try." I feel for the stair railing. " I don't  think we should be in here." I say. " I agree. I feel like  my retinas will burst into flames." I extend my arm out to Olivia. " Take my hand."
"Where are you?" " Follow my voice." I instruct her. My eyes are closed tightly. I can hear her footsteps nearing.  "You're almost there." I shout to her. I feel a hand on my arm. I grab her tightly and pull her in. "I don't want to open my eyes till I'm at least halfway down the stairs." She insists. Ironically, that is most likely the safest advice right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment