Followers

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Spiral Staircase

I have mixed feelings when it comes to spiral stairways. Looking at it from a strictly aesthetic point of view, they are cool. Dare I say chic? However, if I were to look at it from a practical/ safety perspective they are fucking terrifying. There is barely any space to move, you can't see ahead of you, and it's dizzying. Every footstep creates a loud, metallic echo. "You think we are almost there?" I ask Olivia, trying to look down through the steps. "I don't know. I have no way of knowing." Did I mention the fact that you can't see ahead of you is a huge drawback?  Though I guess I shouldn't be too concerned. I mean it's a lighthouse.  What could we possibly find other than one lonely person. Or more accurately a computer. Still this does get frustrating climbing these stairs. Just when you think you are at the end.. nope more stairs. It's keeping me active at least, and we'll get there. It may take some time, but we'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment