Followers

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sounds of Marching

A loud stomping, marching noise can be heard  nearby. The parading sound of an invading army perhaps? "Do you think they're coming this way?" Olivia asks. "They're probably on a nearby road, but we should move anyways." We jolt up from the rock and take cover in the the thick of the forest. We soon find out that we are not running away from the marching sounds, but rather towards it. The forest thins out. We are now ahead of the marchers. I look down the trail and can faintly see the army. Out of time, and having now where to hide, Olivia and I lay down in the mud. We are pretty low to the ground, so as long as they don't look to the side, we are clear. The marching is ever so close now. I lift my head up slightly. Just enough that I can see. I realize they are not an army at all. They are some sort of workers. They all wear yellow safety vests. " What kind of union makes their workers march in unison?" Olivia whispers. " I don't know, but they're not human." "What?" "Look closely at them?" I tell her. The workers have square, box like figures. Almost as if they were made out of bricks, and their skin is bright yellow. After the workers pass us completely, I wait for a moment before picking myself and Olivia off the ground. I walk out onto the path, and look down the long trail road. I then turn to Olivia. "Let's see where they're going."

No comments:

Post a Comment