Followers

Monday, October 27, 2014

Muddy Shoes and Tired Feet

I rest on a rock and scrape the mud off my shoes. " I'm surprised they let us go." I say to Olivia. "What do you mean?" " They locked me up, but then they left. It was like something a cheesy villain does out of a B movie." Olivia sits down next to me. "You weren't a threat." She exclaims. I take a slight offense at that. "They knew the best way to get to you was to leave you alone for a while." She continues. " What about you? You could have been a threat?" Olivia shakes her head. "No, they knew I wouldn't follow because I would go back for you." I look down at my feet. My shoes are still caked in mud. " Did you figure this out yourself?" I ask. "Yep." Olivia rests her head on my shoulder. "What do you want to do now?" She asks. "Honestly, I just want to rest for a while." "I was hoping you'd say that."

No comments:

Post a Comment