Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Breakout

The bars don't exist, yet they do. They appear to me as transparent objects. Slightly more visible than a holographic image. I try and touch them. They are not solid objects, but an intense pressure keeps my hands from running through them. Olivia walks into the room. She holds a T.V. dinner plate. "I brought some food." She says to me. "What is it?" I ask. She cringes as she glances at the barely thawed food. " It's edible." She replies. She walks over to my cell and places the food on the floor. She pushes the tray and it slides under tiny opening in my cell. Unfortunately, she pushes the tray just a little too hard and it slides under the cot. "Sorry." She shouts out. I reach under the cot and grab a biscuit. " That's ok. I have a feeling this is the only thing on there that I should be eating." I take a bite out of the biscuit. " How does it taste?" Olivia asks. I shrug. " 'Bout what one would expect from a T.V. dinner." I take another bite and try to enjoy this cold biscuit as best I can. " So, you can see the bars ,right?" I ask. Olivia nods. "Barely."  " I can  barely see them too, but they're there." "You ready to leave?" She asks me. " I was ready the minuet I entered."  "Then let's go." "How?" " Just walk through," She says simply and casually. " I can't just do that." I insist, while staring at the bars. " Yes you can." "There is some sort of force field pushing me back."  Olivia looks me directly in the eye. "I'm sure there is, but you staying in your cell will only make the bars stronger." "Then what do I do?" I ask.  Olivia puts her arm through the bars. " Take my hand." She tells me. I stand in awestruck for a moment, admiring her ability to force her arm into my cell. "Hurry up. This kinda hurts." She shouts. I grab hold of her arm. It felt like time was slowing down as I began my exit. There was a pressure entering my body and pulling me to the floor. However, the more I was out, the better I began to feel. Until, eventually I was completely out of the cell, and the heavy pressure left my body. Olivia takes a deep breath. " I told you you could get out."

No comments:

Post a Comment