Followers

Monday, October 13, 2014

Red Barn

Everything is grey. The sky has been looking like it will rain for quite some time now. It probably won't, but it has been doing this will it won't it rain thing all day. It makes no difference to me one way or another if it does or doesn't. I just wish the sky made up it's mind and did something. I don't like this in between stuff. All the cows are still grazing. If I have learned anything from text books its that animals often know of significant weather changes before we do. There is a red barn with it's door slightly ajar. A good sign that the farmer may be near by. We knock first and wait for an answer. After a moment with no reply, we decide to walk in. " Wow, I'm glad I never grew up on a farm." Olivia exclaims pinching her nose. The strong aroma of manure is the first thing one notices. Once you get past that though, it's not so bad. It's just a regular barn. Meaning lots of hay, some horses, a loft for tools, and an angry farmer glaring at us while holding a double barrel shotgun. What? She blended in so seamlessly I didn't even notice at first with her dirty jeans, flannel jacket, and reddish grey hair pulled back into a pony tail. "Not so fast. I ought to blow your goddamn heads off."

No comments:

Post a Comment