Followers

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Attack!

A giant, muscular soldier carefully guarded me. He watched my every move. If I so much as turned my head, he screamed at me. All I could do was stare straight ahead at one of the many tree houses. I saw soldiers frantically running back and forth searching for something.Under better circumstances I would find that humorous. However, these were anything but pleasant circumstances. Sgt. Rodgers walked up to my guard. "She is no where to be found." Sgt. Rodgers said in a casual tone, making me wonder if she saw this man as an equal. "Did you check everywhere?" He asked. "Of course I checked everywhere. Who do you think I am?" She replies, disgusted. "Obviously you didn't because you would have found her if you did." He says condescendingly. St.Rodgers clenches her teeth. She crouches down to my level. "Where is she?" "I have no idea." "Unacceptable. Where is she?" Before I have a chance to say anything, the muscular guard fires a round into  a nearby bush. Enraged, Sgt. Rodgers snags the gun from the guard. "What is your problem?" She shouts. "Someone was in the bush." "I don't care. It could have been one of ours." She snaps. "Why would one of ours be hiding in the bush?" He asks. Sgt. Rodgers does not respond. She stomps over to the bush. She pulls back thick branches and leaves  expecting to find an animal of some sort. There is absolutely nothing there. Not even paw print. She turns to the guard even angrier than before. "You were attacking nothing." "I wouldn't say nothing." A small voice replies. Sgt. Rodgers turns back around to see Norm on the other side of the bush. "Who are you?" She asks, ignoring the fact that he is a talking raccoon. "Norm." "Norm, what are you doing here?" "I'm working. What are you doing here?" "I'm also working." "Interesting." Their conversation is interrupted by the sound of an approaching bulldozer. "What's that?" The guard asks. "It's Freddy with the bulldozer. He finally got here." Norm says. "You can't tear this place down." Sgt. Rodgers informs. "Sorry, I got orders." "You're not tearing this place down." She repeats. "I kinda have to. I told you. I have orders." "They can't be more important than my orders." Sgt. Rodgers insists. "I don't know you, but yeah, they are." "No, they aren't." She says calmly, pointing her rifle at him. Norm sighs and raises his paws high in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment