Followers

Monday, May 2, 2016

Jungle Guard

Jones and Olivia stared at each other for a while without saying a word. Eventually it was Jones who broke the silence. "You can lower your shield." He says. "I don't think so. How about you lower your gun." She asks. "I can't do that." "And I can't lower my shield." The helicopter could be heard overheard leaving. "They're taking off without you." "They'll be back." "You sure about that?" "I am." He says defiantly. "Ok then." Olivia starts to walk away. "Where do you think you're going?" "I'm not sure, but it's gotta be better than here." Olivia continues walking. "Halt. I will shoot." He warns. "Go ahead." Olivia walks past Jones. He attempts to fire a warning shot near her feet, but the bullet ricocheted off her bubble and hits a nearby tree. Olivia turns around. "That was rude." Jones is aghast. "I didn't like that, but you can still come with me if you like." Olivia continues. "And why should I?" "Because I've been on this island before. I know how to get out." "Sergeant will be back." He says. "Yeah keep telling yourself that." Olivia ventures further into the jungle. Jones hears a roar. He gets scared and follows after Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment