Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Abandoned Tree City

Olivia and Jones stumbled into the abandoned tree house city. Despite the fact that all the doors and windows were boarded up, and there were no inhabitants , it was still a spectacular sight. "What is this place?" Jones says in wide eyed awe. "It's a tree house city."  Olivia replies. Jones rolls his eyes at the obviousness. "I take it you've never been here before?" Olivia asks. "No, I didn't even know this existed. If I did, I wouldn't have thought twice about signing up." "Why did you join the army?" Olivia asks, changing the subject. Jones shrugs. "I wanted adventure.May have gotten more than I bargained for." Olivia walks to the long vacant bonfire pit. "Perhaps, but I know how to get us out of here." She says. "And how are we going to do that?" "We'll start a fire and then use smoke signals." "Do you have anything to start a fire?" He questions. "I sure do." Olivia concentrates her attention on the fire pit. An electric current runs through her bubble. She bends over and lights a stick  with the  electric current. A small fire then ensues. Jones' mouth drops. "I'll get some twigs."

No comments:

Post a Comment