Followers

Monday, May 30, 2016

Bulldozer

Freddy's bulldozer shook the ground as it approached. It was a massive machine. Roughly about the length and height of a small, ranch house. If one didn't know that there was a fox behind the wheel, one might guess that there was a phantom. Freddy could not be seen, at least not from my vantage point. Though in retrospect, I don't know what is stranger, a fox or a ghost driving a bulldozer. When the bulldozer stopped by the bonfire, all guns were on him. "You're surrounded. Get out of the vehicle ." Sgt. Rodgers shouts. Freddy doesn't move. "Come on Freddy, it's gonna be alright." Norm assures. The door to bulldozer swings open. Freddy has a stupid, confused grin on his face. "Put your hands over your head and climb down slowly." Sgt. Rodgers instructs. Freddy looked even more confused. "Climb down slowly first, and then place your hands above your head." She sighed. All eyes watched as Freddy descended the massive bulldozer, and then joined his raccoon friend. "Now, what's this about-" But before Sgt. Rodgers could finish her question, she was interrupted by crackling on her walkie talkie. "What?" She answers angrily. "We've found them." O'Neil informs. "What?" "They were spotted on the north east coast swimming away." Sgt. Rodgers eyes light up. "You heard him. Everybody move." Sgt. Rodgers and all her soldiers rush out of the tree house city, knocking Freddy, Norm, and myself down in the process. The three of us are left alone. I wait for a minute and then attempt to follow. I feel something pull at my pant leg as I start to walk. I look down to see Norm. "Not that way." He says. "I need to get there before they do." I reply. "Not that way." He repeats. "Then how?" I ask. Norm points up to one of the highest tree houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment