Followers

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Smoke Signals

Back at the base Todd received an angry call from Sgt. Rodgers. "Where is she!" Sgt. Rodgers screams over the radio without explaining herself. "I'm sorry, who?" Todd asks, innocently. "Don't play dumb. You know exactly who I'm talking about. She's not here." "I don't know what to tell you." He replies. " Tell me where she is. Look at the scree. Tell me." She demands. Todd looks at all six screens. None of them show Olivia or Jones. In fact they all show the coast only. "I don't see her." Todd says. "Zoom in." Sgt. Rodgers screeches. Todd complies. He zooms in each screen on to images of vacant beaches. "She's not there." He says, nervously. " Move the cameras!" "I can't do that." "What do you mean you can't do that?" She questions. "These are satellites. I can zoom in and out, but I can't move them." He responds. "Well do something!" Todd, unsure what to do, fidgets with the controls. He zooms the center screen out all the way. After he does so, something catches his eye. "There's smoke." He says in a quiet, nervous voice. "Smoke?" She repeats. "Yeah, that's what it looks like.From the center of the island." O'Neil jumps in. Sgt. Rodgers laughs on the other end. "That must be them.Good work." Sgt. Rodgers clicks off her radio. Todd sinks back in his seat, letting dread wash over him, and wondering if he just played the role of Judas.

No comments:

Post a Comment