Followers

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

15 Min Break

While Wilber was on his date, Olivia, Norm and I worked away. It was quite busy, and massive amounts of people generally aren't my thing. However, I eventually I grew to like the gig. I made a game with myself. I tried to predict who would order what before they did. I was usually way off the mark, but it made the hours fly by. The pace didn't slow till the summer sun started to set. There was still a line, but it wasn't nearly as long, and Norm knew he could handle it. He graciously let me take a break. The thing is I was so burnt out I didn't want to go too far. So, I plopped down at a booth. Olivia got me a banana split. I took my time eating it. Small spoonfuls. I wasn't about to rush myself. Unfortunately, I could not fully relax. As I'm sitting down I see the mad prisoner outside the shop. I don't know what he's doing, but can't have him loiter. I push the banana split away. I step up, preparing myself to deal with the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment