Followers

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Knifepoint

"Did they suspect anything?" The cold, far away voice asks Bella. "No,they didn't." "Are you sure?" "They didn't." Bella says with a bite. "Good." "I've agreed to help. Can I see you now?" She asks. "It depends. Will you go to the police?" "I won't." "Then I suppose I could let you see my face." The mad prisoner walks out of the shadows. He removes a jagged, rusty knife from the pocket of his dirty trench coat. Bella stands there in stunned silence for a minute. "Are you scared?" "No." Bella says lying through her teeth. "Have you seen me before?" "No." "But I've seen you." He says with a twisted grin. "Stop being creepy. I'm ready to work." Bella replies. "Good to hear. So you have what I want?" "I think so, but remind what the pink hearts did to you so I know exactly what to get." "They made feel good. Really good. Like nothing else in the world mattered." Bella nods slowly. "I think I may have something, but it's strong." "I can handle strong." "It's a lot stronger than you're used to." "I can handle it!" He shouts. "Don't say I didn't warn you." "I can take it. I'm man enough. What's it called?" Bella half smiles. "Valerian Root."

No comments:

Post a Comment